If you want to save money on car insurance there are a few steps you can take.
1. If you ever listen to Dave Ramsey on the radio, he always tells people to purchase insurance from an independent insurance agent. Insurance Professionals of Arizona is an independent insurance agency. We have access to dozens of insurance carriers and we can help you find the lowest rate for YOU.
2. Keep your credit in good standing. Sometimes this is hard, but the better your credit is, the more likely you are to get a lower rate on your insurance. Statistics show that people with good credit file less claims and therefore insurance companies are willing to offer lower rates.
3. Get tickets off your record by going to school. If you do get unlucky and get a ticket for speeding or something similar, go to traffic school and get it removed from your record. Tickets can hamper your insurance rate for up to 5 years.
4. Don't file small claims. I know this is hard to hear because if you pay for insurance you want to use it. Insurance is really intended to prevent someone from a more catastrophic type event from really destroying them financially. Small claims between $500 to $2000 may not be worth filing depending on your deductible and what you will actually get. Remember, if you do file a claim, you will lose your claim free discount and get a surcharge for the claim up to 5 years. Just consult with your agent before filling the claim to make sure it is in your best interest.
5. Buy the right amounts of insurance. Having too much insurance can cost you, but not having enough can destroy you. Make sure you understand the "moving" parts of insurance. Work with a competent agent that can steer you in your decisions so that you are properly covered. Remember, not all agents are good agents.
6. Make sure your teenage driver is getting a B+ average grade or better. Have them go to defensive driving school. These things can save a ton of money on car insurance.
7. Consider an alarm system on your home and your cars. Alarm systems on cars can save you money.
Hopefully these things help you. At the end of the day you need a good agent so we encourage you to call us at 480-981-6338 and let us help you get protected the right way at the lowest possible price.